The Texas EMS, Trauma & Acute Care Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was created to further develop the emergency medical services, trauma and acute care systems in Texas.
By our accountable stewardship and leadership, the people of Texas will have an exemplary and accountable EMS, trauma, and acute care system.
The Texas EMS Trauma & Acute Care Foundation's mission is to minimize the human suffering and economic cost created by health related emergencies, traumatic injuries, and crisis events (disasters, extreme community health care events) in Texas.
- Increase public awareness regarding the impact of health emergencies, traumatic injuries, crisis events and to develop effective strategies which reduce the incidence of these events in a statewide collaborative manner.
- Enhance and integrate pre-hospital, resuscitation, stabilization acute care, rehabilitation, and health care community resources for emergencies, traumatic injuries, crisis management, professional education and injury prevention.
- Foster access to the appropriate level of emergency health care, trauma care, and community crisis management through public and provider education.
- Enhance and integrate pre-hospital, medical, acute care, rehabilitation resources for research and advances in emergency / trauma care.
- Establish mechanisms that promote state growth in health care, trauma care, crisis management, and injury control through grant writing and acquisition of public and grant support.
- Ensure advances in care cross the age spectrum from pediatric to geriatric as well the geographic boundaries from the very rural and remote areas of Texas to the very large metropolitan areas of Texas.
The Texas EMS, Trauma & Acute Care Foundation will act to:
- Provide resources to assist the providers in the system to implement the Texas Emergency/Trauma Strategic Plan.
- Provide educational programs to enhance the knowledge, skills and expertise of the providers in the EMS/Trauma/Acute Care System (System).
- Promote system development in all regions of the State of Texas.
- Provide resources to support public education and injury prevention programs in the State of Texas.
- Provide resources to support public education and prevention strategies for acute care in the State of Texas.
- Review system outcome measures to define the needed improvements in the health care delivery system for the State of Texas.
- Provide research opportunities that promote evidence-based standards of care for the System.
- Ensure that acute care providers, in every region, are prepared to respond to all hazards with the resources, workforce, and communication links to support the System.
- Ensure that every region is prepared for all patient populations through education, resources and specialized care needs.
The Texas EMS, Trauma & Acute Care Foundation is solely supported through tax deductible donations, subscription fees, survey fees and educational program fees. In addition, TETAF is currently exploring grant opportunities to help realize its vision. To ensure future development of EMS, trauma and acute care in Texas you may donate to TETAF online at www.tetaf.org or submit your tax deductible donation to:
Texas EMS, Trauma & Acute Care Foundation
3400 Enfield Road
Austin, Texas 78703